- TT Supper Club Saturday night. I don’t even know where to begin. So much fun. Such fabulous food. I really, really wish you’d been there.
- Adventures in Food Bastardization! It started by realizing that chicken salad, cole slaw, and potato salad are more or less the same idea, with different main ingredients. (And mayo need not be primary among them…) So…why not make a salad that combines all three? It worked quite well. Started with a base of finely-shredded cabbage and carrots and a bit of raw kraut, marinated in kraut juice. Then added diced cooked chicken and potatoes, chives, chive blossoms, and sage blossoms. Dress with mustard, a little mayo, and enough kraut juice to make it salty and not gloppy. Quite nice. Though in the future, I might just do chicken/potato or chicken/cabbage.
- Next bastard food idea…potato/zucchini pancake + meatball?
- The rye field is gorgeous.
- My brassicas have aphids. I shall cry now.
- I made chicken stock in the solar oven on Friday.
- Soon I will begin experimenting with schmaltz. (This chicken fat kind, not the other kind.)
- I whined about cooking dinner all week. Then today, I made soup, meatballs, veggie pancakes, and am about to go help the boy making dinner. Well, at least I know there’ll be good stuff to eat for lunch this week!