Just a quick update to let you know what projects I’ve got going right now (besides the garden and, y’know, my actual job).
- First Preserving Traditions “canning work day” at the Grange, this Sunday starting at 1pm. The water situation at the Grange is still dire, but our wonderful facilities guru is bringing large jugs of city water so we don’t have to deal with sediment from the water heater.
- Getting interviewed by Edible WOW for their fall issue about PT.
- Initial meetings about selling “Yes. We Can.” schwag at a local store.
- Getting Groundcrew set up to organize the picking of feral fruit from untended trees around Ann Arbor. The perfect fruit will go to Food Gatherers; the imperfect fruit will turn into dried, canned, or sauced fruit for the pickers.
- Planning a farm visit with Preserving Traditions to see (and perhaps help) butcher chickens.
- Still planning to cook with Laura! In fact, I have secured a pig’s tail, bladder, and lard. I’m buying half a hog this year and I’ve been promised the…odd bits. I expect more of the Laura project will happen in the fall and winter once the pig is butchered.