Sorry, no pics…food is long gone… 🙂
I went to a potluck birthday party last weekend, and encountered two great dishes that will probably see frequent rotation when I have to bring a dish to pass. Neither of these really have a recipe…I’m sure you’ll figure out a good balance of the ingredients listed.
Sage and Garlic Beans
- Green and/or wax beans – cover with water and cook until done
- Olive oil
- Sage leaves, torn about the size of your thumb nail
- Garlic cloves, sliced
Sautee the sage and garlic until the sage is starting to crisp and the garlic has softened. Add the drained, cooked beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Sever cold or at room temp.
- Chunks of watermelon (no seeds)
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced sweet red bell pepper (optional, to my taste)
- Finely minced jalapeno pepper