That’s a great question – and it has many answers. It all depends on what you want out of your garden. And because I’m That Way, I’m going to write up some suggestions for different types of gardens you might choose for different purposes.
- Easy Garden – for first-time gardeners
- Fascination Garden – just for the wonder of it. Great for gardening with kids!
- Calorie Garden – for the most calories in the smallest space
- Vitamin Garden – for highly nutrient-dense foods
- Money-Saving Garden – grow your most expensive crops at home
- Flavor Garden – for taste money literally can’t buy
There are a number of great pre-made garden plans available from Gardener’s Supply Company, too, including a Cocktail Garden, Salsa and Tomato Sauce Garden, Stir-Fry Garden, and more! And if you prefer to make your own, check out their free Kitchen Garden Planner tool.